Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christmas Stockings

Snowman at Midnight

Snowman at Midnight

Snowman at Midnight

For a few years there, people were getting knit stockings in their Christmas stockings.  It was a "thing."  These were fun, but more work than you might think.  Lots of pieces to the snowmen.  The snowmen and piping are appliqued on, the names are embroidered.  The basics come from a pattern, but I made up the clothes on the blue stockings myself.  For the reindeer, I used the basic stocking pattern, found a Scandinavian reindeer pattern (I forget where) and fair isle'd it in.  I love seeing these hanging in from of the fireplace each year.

Pattern: "Snowman at Midnight" from Christmas Stockings: 18 Holiday Treasures to Knit
Yarn: Various worsted wools from knitpicks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment