Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Crepe" wrap dress

Colette Crepe

Colette Crepe back

I was at a fabric store in Ashland, OR (Fabric of Vision...visit if you can)  and they had this great little dress on a dress form.  The pattern is by Collette Patterns, a little company out of Portland.  It feels great to buy support a small business.
The dress is a wrap dress, but it overlaps in the back, which is interesting.  It comes in scoop or sweetheart necklines, and has adorable cap sleeves that are cut in one piece with the bodice.

The pattern says it will have less ease than regular patterns.  I believed it and cut a size 8.  I tried it on and realized it was WAY too big.  So much for trying to do a dress with no futzing.  I ended up making a size 2 that fit me beautifully.

Size aside, this is a great pattern.  All of the pieces, including some very oddly shaped facings, go together beautifully.  It was a joy to make.  My one alteration was that I cut the ties for a size 18.  I love how I can wrap them around a few times and get a cumberbund effect.  I will totally make this again.

Pattern: "Crepe" by Collette Patterns
Fabric: Cotton toile from Keepsake Cottage Fabrics in Bothell, WA (so much fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment