Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hippo

Hippo
Knit this up for Ruby Jane, who was born about a month ago.  The pattern is from Itty Bitty Toys, by Susan B. Anderson, one of my favorite books.  The only change I made was that I used worsted weight yarn on size 5 needles (small for the yarn) instead of using two strands of sock yarn together. Now, I know that knitty folks get all obsessed with expensive yarns, but I am really liking simple, natural, washable fibers these days.  This 100% cotton yarn is super cheap, but knits up very cleanly (is that a word?) and feels surprisingly soft and squishable.  I love it.

The hippo was fun and easy to knit, and the final product is extremely snuggly.

Pattern: "Hippo" from Itty Bitty Toys
Yarn: Sugar 'n' Cream, 100% cotton, various colors

No comments:

Post a Comment