Wednesday, May 23, 2012

AmazingFit

Simplicity 2648
The pattern for this dress is called "AmazingFit."  You get a bunch of different pattern pieces and mix and match them to fit your body.  Cool!  Also, this was my first project with princess seams.  Scary.

I chose a very loose, drapey fabric, which makes the dress feel pretty casual.  It would work beautifully in wool suiting, tailored very close to the body.  I had to experiment with the sizing quite a bit, but once I had it figured out, the dress came together quite nicely.  I didn't like the seam at the waist, so I added the trim (the pattern comes with pieces at the waistline, but none really fit this fabric).  It is a comfy little number and good for a dinner out in the summer.

Pattern: Simplicity 2648
Size: D cup, curvy.  Bust: D cup, sz 8, Waist: 10, Hip: curvy, sz 14 - with finessing of the side seams for the best fit.
Fabric: blue synthetic from JoAnne


No comments:

Post a Comment